Campsite notification

When establishing a campsite, the municipal authority of the area in question must be notified.


The keeper of the campsite must also notify, well in advance, about any substantive changes to their operations.

If the entrepreneur has established itself in another country in the European Economic Area and temporarily offers services in Finland, the same notifications are required as from entrepreneurs established in Finland.


A written notification of the establishment of the campsite must be submitted to the environmental protection authority of the municipality in which the campsite is located. The notification can be free-form. Submit a notification to the Lappeenranta department of environmental services, three months before starting operations or changing operations.

Provide the local municipal building and environmental board with a written notification about establishing a campsite. Include the necessary information regarding yourself, the location of the campsite and nature and scope of operations in the notification.


Campsite notification must be submitted at least three months before the start of operations.

Processing time

Campsite notification must be submitted at least three months before the start of operations.

Related services

Approval for a household water supplier and wholesaler Approval of by-product plants Approval of food premises to establishment Booking a ship inspection Environmental permit Food contact material field operator's notification of premises and operations Land extraction permit and notification Licence for retailing tobacco products and nicotine-containing liquids and wholesale notification Noise notification Notification for keeping animals Notification in accordance with the Public Health Act Notification of a manure heap Notification of experimental activities in accordance with the Environmental Protection Act Notification of food-related activities Notification of primary production premises Notification of suspected food poisoning Notification of suspected health hazard Notification of the amount of by-products used as carrions Notification of the supply or use of household water in the water distribution zone Notification of wild oats Notification to a waste management register of professional waste collection Ordering an inspection of an area free of wild oats Permit in accordance with the Act on Cross-country Traffic Permit in accordance with the Water Traffic Act Planning requirement decision or deviation decision Registering activities in the environmental protection information system Registration of a carrion feeding site Registration of by-product plants Report of an exceptional situation in accordance with the Environmental Protection Act Retail sales licence for nicotine products Water-borne epidemic notification