Notification in accordance with the Public Health Act
The department of environmental services of the Lappeenranta region processes the reports in the area of Lappeenranta, Lemi, Luumäki, Taipalsaari and Savitaipale.
An operator must make a notification about any operations that may be harmful to health customer's. It is not, however, necessary to submit a notification if the operations require an environmental permit.
The obligation to notify applies to, for example, the following:
- accommodation providers
- public gyms, saunas, spas, beaches as well as indoor and open-air swimming pools
- nursery schools and day clubs
- educational institutions that provide pre-school or basic education, vocational training, general upper secondary education or higher education
- social welfare services and refugee reception centres that provide constant care
- beauty shops, tattoo or solarium businesses and other facilities for treatment of skin
- other institutions or facilities for operations that may be harmful to a user’s health.
Use the service
The requirements of the Public Health Act concern activity and premises that can cause health hazards to customers. The premises must be suited for the activities to be carried out and the activity must not cause health hazards to customers. The requirements are not related to the operator.
The operator must notify also there is a change in the activity or the operator changes.
If the operator is established in another EEA state and provides services in Finland on a temporary basis, they are required to have the same notifications as the traders established in Finland.
If necessary, you can also request a report form from the registry of the environmental services or from health inspectors.
Submit a notification via the ilppa notification e-service of the Finnish Food Authority.
You can submit the notification also in writing to the health protection control authority of the municipality in which you are located.
Include the following details in the notification:
- your contact details
- an account on the location of the place of your operations
- a ground plan and a furnishing plan of the business premises
- an account of the practised operations
- other information required for preventing health hazards.
Particular attention will be paid to ventilation and disinfection of instruments as well as the furniture, equipment and surface materials required for the operations, when processing the notification. If needed, turn to the municipal health protection authority for advise on what should in particular be taken into account in the operation and premises from the perspective of health protection.
The municipal health protection authority inspects the written notification and sends you a letter of receipt. The authority will also inspect your operations if needed.
The report is processed for a fee in accordance with the rates for environmental health care of the department of environmental services of the Lappeenranta region.
Make the notification no later than 30 days prior to starting the operation.
The notification will be processed within 30 days.
Period of validity
The notification is valid for an indefinite term.