Taxi connections to trains to and from Russia
As of 1 June 2015, the Taksi Saimaa taxi service will provide connections to the Allegro and Tolstoi trains as follows: Lappeenranta (Travel Centre) – Vainikkala railway station – Lappeenranta (Travel Centre).
How to book a taxi
• Call Taksi Saimaa, tel. +358 (0)200 60 400 (EUR 1.08/call + EUR 1.01/min).
• You should book a taxi at least 1 hr 30 min before your train departs from or arrives at Vainikkala railway station.
• The taxi connection also serves people who are not travelling by train and accepts advance bookings from anywhere along the route (if seats are available).
• The service is available on a 24/7 basis based on VR's train timetables.
Price and payment
• Each customer will be charged EUR 10 per one-way taxi connection.
• Payments by cash and debit or credit cards are accepted.
Departures for Russia: The taxi departs from Lappeenranta Travel Centre 1 hr 20 min before the train's
scheduled departure time from Vainikkala.
Arrivals from Russia: The train's scheduled arrival time in Vainikkala + 10 min